Adtoniq is an advertising platform designed to address adblocker usage on ad-funded websites by asking for permission to temporarily bypass your blocker while maintaining privacy and security. We understand your decision to use an ad blocker has been driven by intrusive ads degrading your reading experience and the desire to protect and control your privacy and data. Our goal is to provide you with a streamlined ad experience so that publishers can be funded to provide the content you love without exposing you to the same sort of advertising that drove you to an ad blocker in the first place.
Adtoniq gives you, the consumer, control over your advertising experience.
Our core tenets:
- We will only serve highly vetted ads from premium advertisers. This means we will never serve a popup, rollover or any ad that impedes you from completing your intended task.
- You are anonymous at all times. The only tracking that we implement is storing a cookie to keep track of your decision to allow or not allow advertising. We DO NOT target ads to you based on demographic profiling and behavioral data.
- We do not store any data that can reasonably be used to identify you. We do currently store IP addresses in some instances but we intend to update our technology to stop this. We only store anonymized information for aggregate reporting purposes such as general location (city) and browser type. Because we do not store identifiable information, we also DO NOT track you across multiple websites.
- You can revoke your choice and permission to display ads at any time.
We have spent years researching the landscape of digital advertising and the evolution of ethics online. We found, along with other researchers, that the vast majority of ad block users, like yourself, are willing to disable their ad-free experience for websites and brands they care about as long as the ads are not annoying and publishers are transparent and respectful in their approach. We deeply respect consumers’ right to choose their experience and also understand that the free web is funded by advertising so we aim to find a common ground between publishers and ad block users.
If you find any ads that are unacceptable to your experience or any other feedback, please report and them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of personal data do we process?
Cookies: We currently store one cookie which contains the following data
- Opt-in/Opt-out choice
- Date of submission
- Generalized location (city)
- Browser type
Logs: We store data on our servers for aggregated reporting purposes
- Anonymized unique identifier
- URL of Pageview
- Generalized location (city)
- Date of action
- Browser type
- Record of use of an ad blocker
- Use of a proxy server
- The size of the request and the response
How and why do we process your data?
- To report to clients on aggregate campaign performance.
- To improve and to evaluate our products by processing and analyzing opt-in rates, total impressions, total clicks and other aggregate metrics
- For technical purposes, such as, but not limited to, preventing security attacks, to improve our website / products, to ensure website / product security.
We do not disclose or share your personal data with any third parties save for aggregated, anonymized reporting of website performance to a singular client.
Data Retention Policy
Aggregated and anonymized data is stored indefinitely in our logs. Cookie expiry dates are configurable by the publisher. Opt-in cookies are set to expire after one-year and opt-out cookies expire after one week.
We collect as little data as possible. As far as anonymous or pseudonymous use is possible we anonymize or pseudonymize your data
What rights do you have?
- Receive information about the personal data processed by us (stated above) and how we process your data as well as to gain access to such data.
- Rectify inaccurate personal data and restrict details.
- Receive all your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as having such data transmitted to another controller.
- Request erasure of your data, unless such data needs to be retained for legal purposes.
- Object to the processing of your data.
- Withdraw your consent at any time, when you have provided us with your consent to the processing of your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint with the respective supervisory authority.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information, access, rectification and restriction rights
Naturally, you have the right to receive, upon request, information about the personal data stored by us about you and information about how we collect, process and store your personal data. Where that is the case, you have the right to gain access to such personal data stored by us. You have the right to request from us the rectification of your inaccurate personal data. Taking into account the purposes of collecting and processing your data, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed. You have the right to request restriction of the processing.
Right to erasure of your data
You have the right to demand from us the erasure of your personal data, where one of the following grounds applies
- If we no longer need your personal data for the aforementioned purposes.
- If you withdraw your consent on which the collection and processing is based and where there are no other legal grounds for the collection and processing.
- If you object to the collection and processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the collection and processing.
Please note, if data needs to be retained for legal purposes pursuant to Art. 17 (3) GDPR, we will restrict the use of the respective data.